Monday, April 09, 2007

Life:

An album,
Frame after frame
And like those old frames
It fades ever so slowly.
The older it gets,
Sweeter it becomes.

A garland of memories
So carefully collected
And delicately strung
It dries, it withers
All that remains is the fragrance
that lingers behind.

A shore full of foot prints
left behind for time to erase,
wave after wave.
The shore is long,
Footfalls are many
But Time is tireless.


Relationship:
A word, a look, a frown, a second
The wound - till I die.

A word, a look, a smile, a second
I flower - till I die

2 comments:

  1. Nice poem krisha...

    I too get into the same mindset when I write... somehow we write only these kind of poems...

    somehow the heart longs for the good things of past. Is it because you know for sure that it was Good and not sure ( rather sure) that things like those " goodies " are out of reach ?

    Now for sometime I have been trying to define what is Good old memories or Good things...

    Is it Good because we liked it during our 18-22 years age bracket?
    Things like...

    Lets talk about favourite movies...

    you end up giving an answer most likely of a movie you watched and liked during those 18-22

    Lets talk about favourite song

    It could be either " singing in the rain" or " was it magic" or "paradise" or " Hello" or "Endless Love"...yes you got it... it is again 18-22

    Lets talk about anything else...

    Actor, actress, books, sporting hero... you end up in 18-22

    "Time and memory has been an overwhelming theme of our writing"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krishna

    Firstly, the poem was not visible to the naked eye upfront and only the comment is visible. Since yesternight, I wanted to read the comment I was not bothered to read the poem. Now I came to the page again and I see a blank page with comment from Muthu.

    Then, I marked the full space and chose the entire page, with a blue background now I can see the poem. Change that first.

    Secondly the poem is good and we need to talk on this again....

    Thanks

    Venkat

    ReplyDelete